It is the start of a new year...to look forward to new beginnings and take stock of the past...to think of who we would like to become...but also appreciate who we have become...to think of new resolutions but also affirm old resolutions. This year, we would like to continue working on maximizing ourselves so that we become the best that we can be.
1. Get healthier--Eat better, get fitter. To get the energy to do all the things we want to do, we need to think about what we eat, what we do. While there are days that there is nothing better than sitting in front of the TV with a bag of chips or a carton of Hagen Daz, that's not going to get us to where we want to be. We all need some of those days...we just need more days where we eat our vegetables and go for a run or dance like a ballet dancer.
2. Actualize--We have many ideas. We don't always bring them to completion. We get distracted. We get bored. We get busy. This year, we will work on prioritizing our ideas and then completing them. It can be getting a business to the next level...it may be a piece of art...it may be a book...it may be all of them. At the end of the year, we should be able to point to things and say we did it...next year, we may do it better...but this year, we will do something concrete on an idea that we have.
3. Do something creative--We get so busy with jobs or businesses or life, but we also get joy with painting or writing. This year, we will complete at least one creative project [See resolution # 4].
4. Learn more about the things we collect--Without knowledge, our collections become scattered and unruly and hard to manage. We want to focus on the things we love the most and spend the time to learn more about them. This will help us maximize our collections by making them the best they can be.
5. Remember all that we should be grateful for--Studies have found that people who are grateful are happier. Focusing on just problems or complaints makes us more stressed. We love the idea of the World Gratitude Project, a crowd sourcing site which captures moments of gratitude and thankfulness from around the world. Reminding ourselves about all that we have to be grateful for reminds us of all that is good and possible in the world, and makes us thankful for those who made it all possible.
This year, we will love, and talk, and laugh, and dream, and continue becoming who we want to be. Join us on the journey to an amazing year!